Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Monday, July 16, 2018

Sparrow Looking Bird in Grass By A Parking Lot

This is not a funny post. Or maybe it will be. I don't know.

1) It's July. What does July remind me of? It reminds me of heat. Late afternoon/early evening thunderstorms or windstorms, preceded by thunderhead clouds forming over Pine Valley Mountain in the early part of the day. Swimming pools. Reservoirs. Summer 2004 playing Final Fantasy 6 at Stephen Miller's house with him and Isaac Gish. And... that's it. Seriously. That last memory has just been flooding through my brain matter today for some reason. Flooding with the power of 50 floods. I remember that I wrote something for Creative Writing in high school about the month of July, but it was pretty weird, and it ended with me realizing I was not a woman sometime back in 2000. This was published in the Snow Canyon High School Canyons literary magazine in 2006. Good work me.

2) I have been in a weird mood today, which can only be characterized by me not wanting to give anybody any fingers while driving. This is an odd way to describe it, because, in my life, I have only ever given one person the finger while driving (just a couple months back). But today, especially, I was not going to show anybody my finger. I just have not been in the mood. If anybody had given me the finger, or a dirty look or something, I would've looked at them and said, "Hey you. You beautiful person. You're the sum total of your upbringing and your genetics and all the crazy experiences you've had in your life, and I totally respect that. Now put that finger down and no one will get hurt." The person, however, probably would've not been listening. In fact, it is more likely they would be several hundred yards in front of me or behind me, with the windows up, unable to hear my soliloquy. The only person who would hear me would be Rivers, sitting in the backseat looking out his window as the whole wide lovely world of street signs rushed past him.

3) Joe from "Blue's Clues" just asked me, "Where could we search for shapes, with a cash register and a cart?" Then he just stared at me for 10 seconds, and I stared right back without saying anything. Then he got this excited look on his face and said, "Wow, good idea! But we better find another clue just to be sure!" I felt really great about myself. I'm always coming up with great ideas of places to search for the shapes. (Is it possible I transmitted the idea to him with my mind? I'll never tell you).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home