Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Monday, February 15, 2010

Resplendence (a.k.a. Seduction of the Sexy Desert) (2006)

Written in Creative Writing, Senior Year.

A hush of the breeze,
a lull of dissolution, so ancient, that
perhaps all this sand used to be made 
of one guy.
And then he shattered, like the coward he was.

Underneath a blazing hot blowtorch,
Beads of sweat trickle down my face.
But only because I’m mad. The torch has
nothing to do with it. “Come,” says the
sexy desert, the queen of seduction, caressing
her lederhosen. “Come and be seduced by me.”

It is then that I am not mad, but. . .glad?

Pink, sanguine, crimson, all sit there and
do something probably really beautiful on
the sand, under the shadow of the dying sun. 
“I die,” he says. But how? As a pansy blue dwarf? Or
a massive annihilating stroke of a supernova that
engulfs everything in its path and kills every living thing?

   So the question should be with us, I think, as the
desert continues to be beautiful in its own special
poetic way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home