Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Sunday, October 10, 2010

We All Want to be Loved

I don't think anyone gets addicted to TEXTING.

I think people have a desire to communicate. I think that's a basic human desire. It's funny how I was so against cell phone 4-5 years ago, and always judging my friends for all their cell-phone worshipping, but I now I realize that "texting" is simply a symbol of our desire to talk with others and feel important. Is texting really eradicating peoples' abilities to have face-to-face conversations? I doubt it. How could anybody measure that? Do they strap kids that are "addicted" to texting down in a lab chair, and then shoot conversational questions at them and measure how well they're able to carry on a conversation?
Of course, sometimes, teenagers run up the bill when they text a lot. That probably isn't so good. Cell phone companies, of course, are simply exploiting peoples' desires to communicate, with fancy sounding text plans that sound cheap, but add up eventually. In this regard, I can see the negativity of texting. But isn't that ALL that people, especially teenagers, want to do? Talk? Feel loved?

Pretty weird when you think of it that way. Oh well. The end.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Good Points

October 10, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about that whole phenomenon in which two crazy teenagers stand right next to each other and text each other. Probably they just don't want the adult observer to hear what they're saying. Makes perfect sense to me.

Beth

October 14, 2010 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Bringhurst said...

I text because I want ATTENTION!
Also, I am addicted to it.
Really, though. This was good.

October 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home