Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Snake Skins on a Buckwheat Toast

I went on a walk a little bit ago. It was cold. It was dark from being night, and it was dark from being clouded over, so no starlight or moonlight. I'm sick of sitting around being sedentary when I could be out moving around. I want to go hike something strenuous this year, and figured a brisk walk around the neighborhood would be a good first step to getting into "hiking shape." Do you remember when I said almost four months ago I was for sure running a marathon this year? HA HA HEE HEE HA HOO HOO.

Anywho, so I walked around, briskly, listening to my weird music, stopping every once in awhile suspiciously and looking around because I kept thinking I heard jingling, like from a collar of a dog following me. But there was no dog. I walked down the street of one small particular subdivision, just for kicks and giggles, where one of my best female friends in high school lived. Strangely, back then, I never went in her house. In fact, I never made it past the front gate. I'm telling you, we really were friends. I'm not making this up. I just never went in her house. Is that weird? Now that I think about it, I realize it's very weird. Don't judge me. I had a memory, looking at the front gate as I walked by, of me and her hugging as I dropped her off at the end of our Sadie's date in 2004. Now another family lives there. I thought about all my other friends too, where they're at, how everything has changed, how most of them have all forgotten about me because they have better lives now, prestigious careers, beautiful perfect families and houses.

Speaking of houses, I had this weird urge this morning to crudely sketch out a floor plan of every house/apartment I've ever lived in, most of which were from my mission. I don't know why. I guess I was just trying to remember places that I've lived in. It's weird that every plan looked fairly similar, with the same kinds of rooms, all arranged differently. A kitchen here. A living area here. A bedroom here. A garage here. A bathroom here. Windows here and here and here. Doors here. Here's where my personal study desk was. Here's where my companion's personal study desk was. Here's where the spirally staircase is at my parents' house (only my parents' house had the spirally staircase, unfortunately). I don't remember where I was going with all this. The important thing is, you all showed up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home