Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Thursday, September 5, 2024

What the West Wind Has Seen

I'm reading a book about the months leading up to the Civil War. I'm intrigued by how much southerners loved slavery. Just loved it so much. I always knew they liked it, but not like this. I never knew that the core belief among the south's elite was "Some people are born to be slaves. Other people are born to own them." It is obvious who was in the wrong in this war. Maybe not as much back then. But looking back, it's like... wow. Who's in the wrong today? What social issues today are analagous in some way to what was going on back then? Who is right? Who is wrong? Everyone thinks that they're right. But somebody has to be wrong. We can't all be right. In 50 years, will we look back and say, "Wow -- those guys sure were idiots"? But WHICH GUYS WERE THE IDIOTS?! FUTURE PEOPLE, LEND ME YOUR POWER. TELL ME WHO THE IDIOTS ARE. I DON'T WANT TO BE THEM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home