Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening, by Robert Frost (1923)

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

(Coming tomorrow: “Guy With a Gun” by Holden Green)

(IF ANYBODY SAYS THIS POEM IS ABOUT SUICIDE, THEY’RE WRONG! DEAD WRONG! GOSH!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Emilyface said...

Uh, hate to say it, but this poem is about suicide.

November 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger HLR said...

NO IT'S NOT!

November 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I like this poem.
We read it a lot in my Literature class. A lot. A lot.
Thanks for posting.

November 13, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home