Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Monday, March 21, 2011

"Walter Was Here"

Admitting that we don't know something is the first step in seeking knowledge.

This is old news, I'm pretty sure, but I think it's profound.

One of the things, I believe, that separates us from animals is our vast potential, for good or for bad. Anybody can truly learn anything and be anything they want to if they want it badly enough, and that quest begins with admitting, as did Socrates, "I know that I know nothing."

While he didn't aspire to be anything greater than a philosopher who went around and proved to everyone that they didn't know what they claimed to, I think the statement is still relevant to the topic at hand. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home