Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Monday, April 4, 2011

One of those Numbered Lists that are Cool

1) I've been trying to hone my foosball skills at work. I currently have 5 wins and 6 losses against Felippe. He's just too dang good.

2) I took a chemistry test today. I think I did okay. Better than my last one. It was all about energy and heat and enthalpy and photons and electron configurations and garbage like that.

3) What sort of evolutionary adaptations will humankind develop in the next million years, if we're still around in the next million years? Will we grow wings? Will we grow exoskeletons, and shed them every month? Will we grow flippers and gills, and migrate back to water? Will we grow spider fangs, and be able to bite things and inject paralyzing venom? Will the process actually reverse from this point? Will we develop mitochondria and turn into plants? Or are we the end of the evolutionary process? Does it get any more complex than a human being? Can it? I just asked you 10 questions.

4) "There you have it. You can't fight love. It's the most powerful of all emotions."-- Detective from The Wrong Guy


5) "Woof," said Juno the dog.

6) Dave Barry once said that if he ran for president, one of his actions would be approving the death penalty for everything, including zoning violations, and whoever is responsible for putting Jerry Springer on TV.

7) "My dear Sam!"-- Frodo Baggins

8) What does everyone think about Libya? Pretty weird. I don't know if we should be there.

9) What does everyone think about soda crackers? Pretty weird. I don't know why anyone eats them.

10) If you are ever chosen to do a biology research project, and I am in your class, please don't choose me to be your lab partner. I will do a terrible job, especially if you get to pick the research topic, and you pick something incredibly lame like "The Germination Rates of Pea Seeds In Various Salinities". I'm just warning you. You will be completely on your own.

11) I went to the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve Visitors' Center today, just for kicks. I mentioned to the girl at the front desk how I didn't know that spiders shed their skins (as one of the displays said), and she just kinda looked at me. For about five whole seconds. Just sat and looked at me. I was expecting some sort of stimulating conversation to follow, but BOY WAS I WRONG. HEH HEH! The moral of this story: Don't talk to anyone. You know how you're told as a child not to talk to strangers? This is the reason. Not because they might hurt you, or give you poison candy, or ask you if you want some "ice cream." No. It's because awkward moments like these ensue, which make you not desirous to talk to anyone else, and then you just become a jerk because you don't ever talk to anyone. And jerks are the biggest threat to society. Face the facts Fred. If that is your real name!

12) The end.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#11 is awesome. so true.

(Beth)

April 5, 2011 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Ben, Alyssa, and Ting-Ting Green said...

What?! Spiders don't have skin! They have flippin' exoskeletons. Gosh!

April 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger HLR said...

Ok, yeah, they shed WHATEVER thing they're covered with. Same dif. In any case, I had totally forgotten, I guess, that they're arthropods, and that they shed their skeleton. But still...that's weird. I've never heard of spiders doing that. How come I've never seen pictures of spiders doing that, and I've never found a spider exoskeleton?

April 10, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home