Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Biff McJohnson: Coach of the Year

Is it normal to say "bye" to people on the phone who have called you as a wrong number, or you have called them? Because I have noticed, across my quarter-century lifespan, that it has been EXTREMELY rare that people say "bye" to me after I say "bye" to them (in this situation). Am I just a weirdo? Is there a rule written somewhere that you are not supposed to say bye to a wrong number?

2 Comments:

Blogger calliope_617 said...

Ohmigosh it makes me SO MAD when wrong numbers don't say goodbye. I'm always super polite (both when someone calls me and when I call a wrong number) and most people aren't. I think the proper etiquette for the person who's dialed the wrong number is to apologize and to say goodbye properly. But usually when I tell them it's the wrong number they just hang up. That's NOT OK.

August 21, 2012 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger HLR said...

It makes me mad too.

August 31, 2012 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home