Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Inside Voices

How about a good ol fashioned recap of recent days? No mysterious call backs to August 26ths of years past. No bizarre poetry. Not this time. I witnessed the Solar Eclipse of Doom this past Monday the 21st, which was pretty amazing, to say the least. Not very often one gets to see THE TOTALITY. There was much travel time involved, mostly coming back, but it's all good and worth it. Although I missed a couple of college classes and I'm still trying to catch up, but hey... it's the first week. We'll all get through this together. Won't we?

Speaking of college, I am taking various classes. Senior Seminar (basically research and oral presentation), Herpetology (basically research and presentation about reptiles and amphibians), Astronomy (basically just awesome), and Plant Biology (basically some plants and sweet field trips), with a few labs thrown in. These will hopefully be my last two semesters to grasp my bachelor's degree with my cold dead hands. I survived Biostatistics last semester with a B. I can survive anything (except Calculus). Then... I don't know what happens when it's over. Probably go back to working full time at Coral Desert until I get a plan figured out for getting out of physical therapy. Because that's what I really want to do.

Rivers Green is 4. He is pretty dang cute. He's also autistic. Sometimes, I think, what will he be like in the future? 5 years? 10 years? When he's 30? Where will he be? Will he be independent? Will he have to live with us his whole life? Will he be able to function in society? What other hidden talents does this kid have besides super-perception? Will he be a super-hero? Will he be a math genius? Will he cure cancer? Occasionally, I get frustrated and depressed about the situation. I see pictures and read posts of friends and family who pop out one baby after the other, kids who all seem to be quite normal, and wonder... why not us? Why do we have to deal with this? I hate that I think this, because I really do love Rivers and all of his little quirks. But... I don't know. I guess I just have to wallow in pity every once in awhile and look at other people with their children who communicate with them and who are potty trained and can feed themselves.

Emily Green is almost 29. There has never been a bigger sweetie on the face of the planet of Jupiter, mainly because there haven't been any sweeties on the face of the planet of Jupiter. Also, there has never been a bigger sweetie on the face of the planet Earth. Hence her nickname SWEETS. Or "The Sweets." Or "The Sweetsers." Sometimes, I just call her "The Sweets." Like, "Hi, The Sweets!" Or, "Hey, The Sweets, get me a beer!" She is extremely talented and hard working. It seems like every month, she is learning some new hobby that she immediately excels at, drawing an "ooh" and an "ah" from everybody who sees her work. Plus she is fantastic at her Opera House job, where all the customers adore her (including St. George's finest celebrities like Bruce Bennett, Mayor Pike, and Local Celebrity Sheldon Demke).

I am 30. I work at an inpatient rehabilitation facility, part time. I've become fairly numb to my job, which consists mainly of patients whining to me all day. I've gotten to where I really just don't care much anymore. I put on a nice smiling face. I say "Yeah" and "Uh-huh" and "That's too bad" and nod my head while making little grimaces on my face when they relate their medical history to me, as though that will get them to understand that I am trying to feel their pain or something. [This next part is a clarification in case people misunderstand me]. I actually don't really hate my job. I have days that are obviously worse than others, like if I have to work with a mob boss who yells at me or an old lady that threatens to kill me. I really like the people I work with, more than I have at any other job. I would hate having to leave here to find another job, I really would. Would you like to know why? Because it takes me forever to warm up to people and become close with co-workers. And I feel fairly tight with most of my co-workers. It would be far worse to have to come to a job where I felt uncomfortable around co-workers and had to work with crazy people who yell at me. 

Sorry, maybe this was a somewhat depressing blog. Do people still blog? Or am I behind on the current trends, like I have been since I was just a wee lad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home