Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Smoking

I'm not gonna lie, man. I don't know why people smoke. I just don't understand it. Perhaps some people who smoke can comment on this blog and give me a good reason. I mean... seriously. I can smell you from like, a 1/2 mile away. If a car driven by a smoker goes by me as I'm walking down the street, I can smell it. What do you think of that, smoker? Wherever you go, you leave the stink of cigarette smoke in your wake. But this is a silly reason for you to quit. Surely, you don't know who I am and you most certainly don't care about what I smell.

Perhaps the fact that your smoking actually affects people around you is a good reason for you to quit. Second hand smoke is really really bad. But of course, me getting a whiff every once in awhile will do no damage to me. If you smoke around kids or other people, however, that's really really bad, and they're likely to develop some problems. Do you care about that? If someone with asthma or bronchitis walks by you when you're smoking, your smoke can actually cause them to have a respiratory attack of some sort. Does that bother you? Does it bother you that your habit affects other people? No? Hmmm.

You should probably quit smoking. Stop taking years off your life. "But everyone dies eventually," you say. True. But some people die earlier than others. Way earlier. With lungs that have turned into black malignant lumps of carbon. And they have this really really nasty hacking cough. And sometimes they have cancer in their mouth. Or throat. Or lungs. Or some sort of heart disease. Or emphysema, where your lung alveoli have lost their elasticity, and you're no longer able to breathe like you used to, and you have to bend over to catch your breath. Don't misunderstand me. I don't hate you. You're probably a great person, who made a stupid choice to start smoking. I don't judge you, I promise. But you are doing a very stupid thing.

Do yourself a favor. Quit smoking. Do it. Do it now. Save yourself some trouble down the road. Please. Also, the world will smell a little nicer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emilyface said...

I appreciate this blog post. It was very well written. It doesn't offend me, a smoker of 25 years. In fact I have decided to quit smoking because of this post. Thanks Mr. Greenmanstein!

October 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Jann Green Photography said...

Holden, you know everyone loves your blog. It's just that we get busy sometimes. Please don't be offended. Just keep writing, young man. Don't ever give up. NEVER! The end.

November 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home