Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Holden's Rare Serious Reflections

I find it odd that critics of the church are so harsh and vicious in their accusations, that Mormonism and its precepts are all the product of "Joseph Smith's wild imagination," yet I would think, that to any non-Christian, Christianity itself seems pretty out there. Try to imagine that you're not a Christian, and altogether not too familiar with it. Somebody comes up to you and tells you to go get dunked underneath water (or have water sprinkled upon you, for that matter), because a god sent his son to earth 2000 years ago to suffer a horrendous cruel death and thus "save us from our sins."

As much as I believe it, it sounds pretty twisted.

Thus, I have the same kind of faith in the truthfulness of the church that I do in the fact that Jesus Christ died and was resurrected. Pretty sure those are two things that will ALWAYS have to be taken in faith.

I think that's what boils down to. Why it's boiling, I'm not sure, maybe somebody should take that pot off the stove.

1 Comments:

Blogger tifsong said...

i agree. Christianity does sound pretty ludacris. no doubt. but. like you said, it's something that a person will always need to just have faith in.

and i vote faith.
ahh i vote faith. refreshing.
yes? i think so. how truly glorious is it, that we have a Savior? we really truly remarkably do.

love,

TIF

April 24, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home