Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Corona Radiata

I had the chance to go on my lunch break earlier. I decided to lay down on the grass across the street from where I work. I do weird things when I'm sick. And then I just lay there, and I stared up into the sky. And I suddenly realized that "Arlene and the Ampersand Band" would make a great name for a band. I also realized some other dynamite things.

1) There was a mushroom next to me in the grass. Actually, I noticed this before I lay there on the grass. In fact, this is the very reason I chose that particular spot to rest my weary self. It was a cute little mushroom, and as such, it would provide little power if Super Mario came along and decided to eat it up. It might cause him an upset stomach though, maybe some nausea. Then he wouldn't be so super anymore.

2) Looking up into the sky, I noticed a multitude of vitreous eye floaters, floating around in my vitreous humor. I tried to look at them, but then they would float away.

Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid.
I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision.
But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
Are you shy, squiggly line?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.

That is a lovely poem about eye floaters from Stewie Griffin.

3) Smells. I love my nose, and my olfactory nerves. They are so awesome. How could you live your life not being able to smell anything? Springtime is the best smelling thing. It is the smell...OF LIFE (you have to say that "of life" in a real deep raspy voice like Queensryche does in that one song). Freshly mowed grass. Trees of all kinds. Honeysuckle. Automobile exhaust (although not technically a "springtime" smell, seems really brought out when its warm). How utterly delightful!


4) You. You, my friend, are delightful. Do not let anyone else tell you different. If someone tries to verbally destroy you, you tell that monster, "I AM DELIGHTFUL." And then if they know who I am, you can say, "BECAUSE HOLDEN TOLD ME SO." And you can even say that if they don't know who I am, to add an element of confusion to it. Because, as we know, the best way to destroy your enemies is to confuse them. And while they're confused, you kick them in the shin. GAME SET MATCH.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home