Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Portapotties for Pam

Greetings. I'll be doing a list today. Everyone seems to enjoy lists...or do they?

1) If I don't get into the Physical Therapist Assistant program, this semester will have felt like the biggest waste of time ever. In all actuality, it won't really have been a waste of time, every class besides my "intro to PT" class is either a biology class or a PT school pre-requisuite. But it just FEELS like it. Also, if I don't get accepted, I will have thrown away like, 200 bucks on the whole application process, which isn't refundable for some odd reason. The end.

2) We have had THREE dogs for the past three days. Yes, three. We are taking care of my wife's friend's Jack Russell, who is cute and all scraggly, but he likes to pee on Emily's shoulder bag.

3) I have this unquenchable desire to learn. Nothing can satisfy it. Every second of every day, I want to be reading, studying something, learning about some new thing...I've been spending hours at my job on some website called Anatomy TV, which lets you look at 3D anatomical body models. You can look at any part of the body, rotate it around, look at specific parts like blood vessels, nerves, muscles, the brain, the heart, anything and everything. They have photographs of cadaver parts, slides, MRI pictures, explanations for every anatomical structure in the body. It's just incredible. This website is only accessible, apparently, to college students, and the lady at the library said that there can only be TWO websites of it open at one time, so if I'm going to get on there, I need to "make it quick so other people can have a chance to use it." So, taking her advice, I spent roughly four hours on it yesterday at work. Heh! Rebel! I'm weird, I know. The human body is just so amazing. I cannot fathom it. It is weird to think that only two years ago, I had no desire whatsoever like this. I think I wanted to play music or something for a living. In the words of Phil Connors, "What a waste of time!"

4) I decided I really like the song "There There" by Radiohead. And Maurice Ravel's first movement of his piano trio in A minor. Also, I like "Life in a Glass House," by Radiohead. Basically, I just like Radiohead. I know, how utterly original of me. Here's a shout out to the person who introduced me to Radiohead many years ago. You know who you are.

5) Hey, guess what everyone, everything matters. And everything ends.

6) Hey, guess what everyone, North Korea tried to launch a rocket, and it didn't really work. Ha ha! Maybe they should spend their money actually feeding their people instead of building crappy machinery that doesn't work and has no purpose.

7) I had a dream that I got in a fight with a bunch of kids, including a black girl who claimed to be an attorney, even though she was maybe like...18? And then I threw some old people down a hole. Man I don't know what the heck was going on.

8) Anybody watch that new NBC show "Awake"? Pretty trippy. There's this guy named Michael Britton who gets into a nasty car accident with his wife and son. He survives, but you're not sure who of his family survives, because he begins living two distinct realities, one in which his wife survived, and the other in which his son survived. I've never really had a favorite show to watch regularly, so this is just a new chapter in my life apparently. My sweet wife has agreed to watch it with me, so I have someone to discuss the show's mysteries with. You all don't have to watch it, I know you won't, but if NBC calls you and asks if you're watching it, just say yes, so they don't cancel it. Because I know, and you know, that they base all of their programming decisions on what YOU watch. Jerk.

9) If any of you want to join the Snobblepuss Book Club, just let me know. But if you join, there is no turning back. You MUST read "Creature from Jekyll Island," and no, that is not a science fiction book. YOU MUST DO YOUR REQUIRED READING.

10) There is no end to being, there is no death above.

3 Comments:

Blogger tifsong said...

hey, i like you. you're good.

April 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger HLR said...

High five.

April 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Emilyface said...

So, I believe it was professor Geddes who was telling us the other day that only 10% of all people have the burning desire to continue learning throughout their lives. How cool is it that I'm married to one of those minority people? Also those people are more likely to be successful, obviously. Way to go sweetie. And you wonder why I married you. Heh. Also, I really like watching Awake with you. I'm glad you introduced me to it because I would have no idea that it even existed if you hadn't.

April 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home