Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Friday, June 5, 2009

Holden turns serious again

Just for a minute. Something really really makes me angry, and I will let it out on my blog. Why are people in our church SO judgmental of young men that don't go on missions, or young men that come home early because they can't handle it? I really wish that all these young men were not looked upon as the biggest sinners upon the earth, because for one thing, that makes them hate life, and second, it probably makes a whole lot of them go inactive. It may be hard for some of us to comprehend why some people don't go on missions, when we see entire families that go on missions, or perhaps ALL of our siblings went on missions, but whether a young man chooses to go on a mission or not is totally between him, the Lord, and absolutely no one else, and his decision is none of our business.

I wish a general authority would say something about this in general conference. The end.

10 Comments:

Blogger tifsong said...

I agree with you whole-heartedly. And I don't know why so many people follow my blog, but I very much love that they do. So i can't complain :)

you are great Holdenfetch. and I love your guts. be happy.

June 5, 2009 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger HLR said...

hey, thanks tif. Come on, you must know why you're so popular.

June 5, 2009 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I agree. We are definitely too judgmental and it is sad. Jesus definitely wouldn't want us to be this way. Thanks for this thought Holden.

June 5, 2009 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I am so with you on this! I have a brother who was on a mission and came home. Sadly because everyone has judged him so harshly he is totally heading in the wrong direction it makes me sad. Thanks for the post!

June 5, 2009 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Emilyface said...

Hey fetch, I like your blog. Except for the 'best kitty ever.' Impossible.

June 9, 2009 at 12:29 AM  
Blogger HLR said...

What? How is that not the best kitty ever?

June 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Emilyface said...

How IS it the best kitty ever?

June 10, 2009 at 12:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I like this note because I agree. With EVERYTHING! :\_____/ GRRAAAWW!! But seriously, some of my most miserable/lazy/depressing companions were the ones whose parents and/or bishops forced them to go. What counter-productivity. Poor kids.

June 11, 2009 at 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you will be that general authority someday, Holden.

June 15, 2009 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger tifsong said...

i am not "popular".

June 15, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home