Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Uninteresting

So me, Steve, and Isaac were at Denny's last night. At some point, a semi-truck was driving slowly through the parking lot. One of the employees said, "What's that?" "That's a truck," replied manager John Sullivan. Heh heh! A witty dialogue, I must say. We all laughed. A LOT. BECAUSE IT WAS FUNNY.

Later on, we were at the counter paying our tabs. I told Mr. Sullivan how much of a tip I wanted to leave. I think he had been listening to mine and Steve's conversation about our sweet "E Z Tip Calculator" functions on our phone, and he said, "You know, I always just start em out at five dollars, and then they just lose money anyway." Me and Isaac laughed heartily, not getting what he was talking about, then we said bye, and we left. Wa ha ha! We discussed Mr. Sullivan's comment for several minutes, wondering why we laughed when we didn't understand what he was talking about. We thought maybe he wasn't actually telling a joke. Maybe he was being serious, telling us how terrible it is that all his employees are losing money, and soon, there won't be enough money for food on his table at home. There won't be enough money for pants either. Oh wait, nobody in his family wears pants anyway. HEH HEH! Let me explain...John Sullivan and his family were in my ward once, but they never came to church. I went and did fast offerings to their house once. The door opened up, and I remember seeing a bunch of young teenage girls walking around without pants on. It was pretty weird. So I decided Mr. Sullivan is already poor, even to the point of not being able to afford pants for his daughters. To this, Isaac and I bowed our heads in silence, ashamed that we had laughed at him. From that moment, I swore I would never laugh at Mr. Sullivan again.

THIS BLOG IS TOO LONG. I'M SORRY. I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO READ IT AND LAUGH. GOSH.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emilyface said...

I laughed when I read this Holdenface.

July 7, 2009 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Hahaha. I laughed Holdy. You always tell such great stories.

July 7, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home