Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Saturday, February 11, 2012

DeathCrush

I'm sitting at my desk at my new job. I think I need a lesson in posture or something, because I really have no idea how to sit at a desk. I could be breaking my back or getting carpal tunnel or something. So far, I haven't packed myself a lunch for this job yet. I haven't stopped at a store and bought cup noodles or anything. All I do is walk to Arby's every lunch break. I need to stop that. Sitting at a desk all day + fast food is probably not ideal for my health. So far then, I am endangering myself in three ways. Bad desk posture. Sitting all day. Arby's.

I realize that this post is quite uninteresting, but I figure I should describe my new job. I sit in a cubicle. It's kind of lonely, there's only one other person in this entire row. People, using their awesome CaptionCall telephones, and who are hard-of-hearing, place a phone call to someone. I hear the voice of this "someone," dictate orally what they say, and what I say pops up on the screen of the CaptionCall user. The end.

5 Comments:

Blogger BEAU said...

What sort of things of do you have to say?

February 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM  
Blogger HLR said...

It's just people having regular conversations. Or I could be dictating a doctor or somebody else that the hard-of-hearing person is talking to. I get to swear too, if people say swear words. I'm required by law to say every single thing I hear. The other day, I said the sinner's prayer TWO TIMES. Oh, but I'm not supposed to discuss the details of calls, so don't tell anyone.

February 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger calliope_617 said...

Hey, you got the job! Congrats!
I have a friend who worked at a place like that and she said sometimes she had to do sex chats. I think you will have some good stories, even if you won't be allowed to tell them.

February 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Food Freak Frank said...

TELL ME YOUR STORIES!

February 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger HLR said...

I'm sorry Food Freak Frank, whoever you might be, but I am not allowed to share the details. They would hunt me down and slit my throat. You don't want that, do you?

February 17, 2012 at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home