Fish Tacos of Death

"Perch ye on this bed of crumbs." -- The CrumbMaster

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hell, Michigan, United States

I like birds

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

HOLDEN RUNS

I'm going to run the marathon next year. And no one is gonna stop me. I have decided on a few tricks that will help me with my commitment to the task. First of all, I'm going to ease into the running... veeeery slowwwly. That way, my knee doesn't get all peeved off at me. THAT REALLY PEEVES ME OFF! Next, I'm going to try to do more running on softer surfaces, like grass, or running uphill more. That way, my knee doesn't get all peeved off at me. THAT REALLY PEEVES okay okay, you get it. Next, I am going to run smaller races between now and then to get ready for it. You know, building up to the big goal with smaller goals. 5K next month. 10K in March. There's a half marathon in three months, but I don't know if I can be ready by then for that. Maybe I can. In case no one is aware of my marathon attempts, every year that I go to the St. George Marathon and see what a delight it is, I am inspired to run the marathon the following year. But this commitment always fails. My greatest trick, assuming that I have trained well up into April (when registration opens), is that I will go ahead and just register. And pay the $90 fee or whatever it is. 90 BUCKS. If I can throw 90 bucks at this thing, maybe that's enough of a motivation to follow through. Because I don't normally like just throwing away 90 bucks for nothing. So, who knows. Assuming I'm still alive next year and not vaporized in a nuclear blast or shot to death in a mass shooting (which has become quite the rage these days) I think I have a good chance of doing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home